Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager the Site Electrical Engineer will be part of companies engineering function, including building and site maintenance.
Responsible for repairing, improving and installing machines, the Site Engineer will also provide support to the usage of the machines and electrical components.
· Ensure that all presses and auxiliary equipment is maintained to a high standard to ensure production efficiency.
· Ensure that presses and auxiliary equipment are serviced to a high standard and that any issues are identified and rectified.
· Assist in implementing the planned maintenance system.
· Assist with the installation of new equipment
· Responding quickly to production machinery breakdowns, to minimise disruption
· Liaise with and control contractors used to maintain the building and external areas.
· Work with the chosen installation contractors on a regular basis, installing new equipment efficiently and effectively.
· Regular equipment testing, identifying issues, reporting back to the manufacturer
· Develop good working relationships with the Shift Managers, support in rectification of any engineering related issues in an efficient and timely manner.
· Work closely with the quality dept assisting with engineering related customer complaints, to eliminate recurrence.
· Contribute towards continuous improvement and development projects
· Provide out of hours support as and when required.
Qualifications / Experience
· Electrically qualified to install and maintain
· Knowledge and understanding of Industrial Electronics
· PLC and programming
· Strong communicator
Back to Careers List