i2r has a real commitment to environment issues such as waste and weight reduction, recycling and minimising carbon emissions. See our Environmental Policy Statement.
We are certified to the ISO14001 standard for Environmental Management.
There are a number of initiatives already underway that are having a real positive impact.
- We have re-designed our aluminium foil containers so that they can be produced using less aluminium but retain all of the required strength.
- Our tooling for both Tulip Muffin Wraps and aluminium foil containers is unique in the industry and is made using the latest technology so that our process waste levels are kept to an absolute minimum.
- We segregate all waste streams for re-use or recycling wherever possible.
- All office stationery and outer packaging is made from 100% post-consumer waste.
- Aluminium foil container process waste is collected and returned to our suppliers. As much as 30% of this waste is then re-used in the raw material that we purchase.
- Our foil containers are all embossed with a recycling logo to increase consumer awareness of the fact that all of our aluminium can be recycled, subject to local authority accessibility.
- We challenge our suppliers to reduce their waste and where possible to switch from throw away packaging to returnables.
i2r is a supporting member of Alupro (Aluminium Packaging Recycling Organisation). Alupro is working to meet, and exceed recycling targets for aluminium packaging.
For latest news and updates, please visit: www.alupro.org.uk